Who can Apply
Basic mandatory eligibility for the program includes:
- The for-profit company is headquartered in Saskatchewan
- The company has been in operation for one year (can still be pre-revenue) if demonstrated near market
- At least one team leader or owner is female
Please review the Entrepreneur Application for more details.
Businesses may submit a Entrepreneur Application before each pitch event. Download the application, then open or save it to complete. After the cut-off date, about a week prior, a committee of volunteers will ensure the applicants fit the eligibility requirements then choose three companies to pitch at the event. For a complete calendar of upcoming events and application deadlines, see the Schedule or follow us on social media.
Submit application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
In general, funds may be used for any legitimate, legal business expenses including:
- Accessing and leveraging other program support
- Costs associated with product testing or market verification
- Scale-up design
- Marketing strategy development or execution
- Promotions for market expansion including conferences, trade shows & travel
- Business consulting or other professional services
- Insurance costs
For details on the acceptable uses of the funds received, please see the Seeds for Dreams Use of Funds Agreement.
Let us get to know you! We want to know about your business and your plans for growth but we also want to get to know you. Anyone supporting your business is not just investing in the market opportunity but they’re also giving you their vote of confidence. Tell us why you’re the person we want to put our money behind.
Pitches are verbal – no presentation slides! You’ll have 4 minutes to tell us about your business then there will be a 6 minute question period. Intense? Yes, but worth the effort! You’ll need to be very focused and make every sentence count.
All presenting entrepreneurs must meet with one of our pitch coaches. Having an opportunity to practice pitch and receive feedback will help to ensure your presentation includes the information on your business that our members want to hear about.
We’ve put together some Pitch Tips to help guide and focus you as you prepare your story.
Additional Support for Companies Selected to Pitch
And it’s not just about the money – some of our members are generously donating their time, expertise, services and programming to support you and your business.
- Pitch Coaches – Stephanie Yong and Lorna Shaw-Lennox provide coaching as you prepare your pitch. They have a wealth of experience in helping entrepreneurs prepare to tell their business story. You can email Stephanie and Lorna directly if you are selected.
- Square One will provide 2 Guest Advisor Passes for each company pitching, giving you a to access to one-on-one professional services.
- Raj Manek Mentorship Program will cover 50% of the cost of a protege membership (a $150 value) for the winning company. Please contact Kanchan Manek for more information.
- North Saskatoon Business Association (NSBA) will provide a one-year membership to the winning company